ITEMS WE ACCEPT
We are so thankful you’ve thought of donating items to HOPE 4 Youth. Many youth visit our Drop-In Center for essential items; including food, hygiene, clothing, household, and gift cards. These essential items help restore a sense of hope, self-worth, and dignity.
Since we serve on-the-go young people, gas cards, single-serving beverages, foods that travel well, and personal hygiene items are our top donation request items. We also stock a closet with clothing commonly needed by young people experiencing homelessness.
Since we serve young people on the move, donations of snack-size and single-serving foods are most helpful:
- Microwave Meals – Yakisoba, Compleats, Cup of Noodle, Mac & Cheese Cups, Tuna Bags, Chef Boyardee, Soups, Rice Side, Potato Cup
- Individual Beef Jerky
- Snack Crackers and Cookies, Granola Bars, Fruit Snacks
- Fruit Cups, Apple Sauce, and Pudding Cups
- Individual Oatmeal, Cereal Cups, Poptarts
- Nuts and Trail Mixes
- Water, Gatorade, Propel. Juice, Juice Boxes, Water Flavor Sticks
We are unable to accept food items that are expired or opened packages.
We accept new and unopened hygiene products in full size and travel size
- Ethnic hair products
- 2-1 Hair Products
- Body Wash
- Toothpaste & Tooth Brushes
- Shaving Cream and Razors
- Unscented Feminine Care Products
- Q-tips, Cotton Balls, Hair Ties
- Suncreen, Bug Spray, Disposable Body Wipes
We are unable to accept hygiene products that are hotel size, opened, or expired.
We appreciate getting the following clothing items in any size but are often most in need of larger ones, including XL-4XL. When considering a clothing donation, ask yourself if you would give it to a teenager in your family or friend. If the answer is yes, it’s likely a good fit for HOPE 4 Youth.
We currently accept NEW or GENTLY USED Spring/Summer/Fall:
- Tank Tops
- White Crew Neck T-shirts
- Cotton Skirts
- Cotton Dresses
- Yoga Pants & Leggings
- Light Jackets
- Disposable Rain Ponchos
- Maternity Clothing
- Baseball Caps
- NEW bras, socks, bikini underwear, and boxer briefs
- New or like new: tennis shoes, sandals, flipflops
We believe in treating the youth we were with dignity and respect. This means we are unable to accept clothing of any kind that is stained or has rips, missing buttons, strong odors, or broken zippers.
We accept NEW household items of the following:
- Tie Blankets
- Towels, Hand Towels, and Washcloths
- Sleeping Bags
- Backpacks and Duffel Bags
- Roadside Emergency Kits
- Cleaning supplies like dish soap, sponges, Clorox wipes, toilet cleaner, all-purpose cleaner, laundry detergent pods, dishwasher detergent pods
We are unable to accept furniture of any kind.
- Grocery Stores
- Visa Giftcards
- Gas Giftcards